They’ll make you feel beautiful, treat you to breakfast after a long night, and make your skin glow. And no, I’m not talking about a man, for now! Relationships can sometimes come and go, but grapefruits will always be there to satisfy your hunger and love you; always.
- They keep you from getting sick: Grapefruit, like many citrus fruits, contains Vitamin C. However, grapefruit contains more than half of the daily recommendation of Vitamin C, which boosts your immune system, can lessen those awful cold symptoms, and fights the damage done by cancer causing free radicals. It will make you look, and feel healthier.
- Reduces water weight: its low sodium levels flush out excess water weight obtained by eating a diet high in sodium, and can even help reduce that horrible bloated feeling after a night out with friends.
- Assists in weight loss: While many people search for that one magic weight loss food, no one can quite promise that. However, grapefruit has a high soluble fiber content, which keeps you feeling fuller longer, so it will keep you from reaching for that next snack so fast. It also lowers cholesterol, and expels those unneeded toxins your body may be holding on to by assisting digestion. Some even believe it to contain enzymes that assist in fat burning. All of this, and it only has 75 calories per fruit!
- Keeps you glowing: Even grapefruit oil can keep you feeling beautiful. It is many times used for hair growth, toning of the skin, and treats acne. So who needs a man to tell you that you’re beautiful when a fruit can do it instead?!
- It’s a visionary: Eating grapefruit now can also help you later. Its high content of Vitamin A prevents vision loss and macular degeneration.
Even this list only begins to cover the benefits of adding the grapefruit to your regular diet. Also containing potassium, and electrolyte for regulation of heart function, antioxidants, and other vitamins and minerals, the benefits seem endless and long lasting.
While no one food can be considered the perfect food, grapefruit is pretty ideal. And I’m not just being biased! Especially after a night out, reach for a grapefruit next time you’re making breakfast, and your body will thank you for it!